Many Homeowners wonder which time of year is best to have their foundation repaired. Summer means warmer weather and dryer, more workable soil in the Kansas City area, so why not invest in foundation repairs when you won’t have to worry about rain and water damage?
Here are a few reasons why summer is an excellent time to have your foundation repaired:
- Easier inspections – Brighter days and longer daylight hours mean contractors can uncover problems like floor cracks, chipping, gaps, and space between walls more easily, and it gives more flexibility to homeowners who might need appointments later in the day due to their work schedule.
- Warm weather spells – Your repair crew can work outside without worrying about rain or freezing cold weather.
- Workable soils – Soils will have lost water and become easy to dig or excavate.
- Faster repairs — Because the soils are loose, contractors work fast, and foundation repair projects are completed quickly.
- Effective treatments — Higher summer temperatures mean that any foundation repairs or waterproofing solutions cure properly and dry fast, as there’s no water infiltration to interfere with the treatment.
Here’s a handy checklist to conduct your own inspection around your home to determine if you might need a foundation contractor to evaluate for repairs:
- Check walls inside and around your home for holes or cracks that appear new.
- Pay attention to doors and windows that have difficulty opening or closing properly.
- Check your basement walls, ceiling, and floor for signs of leaks or water damage.
- Inspect your home’s grading. Make sure the ground slopes away from the perimeter of your home.
- Check the gutters to ensure they are all working perfectly and repair any that appear damaged.
- Ensure your downspouts are angled down properly, pointing away, and free of clogs. You may also choose to have these lines placed in the ground.
- Check paved surfaces like porches and driveway for divots and depressions, as they may hold water.
- Make sure paved surfaces slope away from your home.
- Disconnect any hose from the outside faucet and turn off any water sources you don’t need.
Contact us TODAY to schedule your FREE foundation evaluation!
Foundation King Serves the Great Kansas City Area, including Overland Park, Mission, Lenexa, Leawood, Olathe, Gardner, Paola, Prairie Village, Roeland Park, Shawnee, Mission, Liberty, Lee’s Summit, Kansas City, Belton, Raymore, Independence, Grandview, Chillicothe, Cameron, Hamilton, Trenton, & Brookfield.